Saturday, March 20, 2010

Tails of a lonely guy...




Sometime in 1999 I met a woman who was very sweet and I thought, hey if she weren't on the other side of the world I might consider more than friendship.

As time went on I began to consider the possibility and sometime in 2000 I asked her to marry me. But I am getting ahead of myself a bit.

Hi.. I am John.. Welcome to tails of... and yes I know that it should be tales... or maybe not as you will see.

In 1992 I was a wreck of a person and was in some serious need of help. Having started drinking at a fairly early age and with copious amount of alcohol around me, I guess the inevitable was going to happen.

Well I got the help I needed from a Christian residential drug an alcohol program. In 1995 I went to their advanced program and in 1996 I ended up working for their corporate office as an intern, and eventually was hired on.

Well back to 1999, I was working for the ministry and at night I could get on the Internet and relax a bit. While relaxing I found newsgroups and decided to get my feet wet. I met a few people online an even had met up with a couple in real life.

I met my now wife in a news group that I used to post to religiously, I had been reading the NG for about 2 years and was a regular poster. Karen and I use to reply and read the same messages and occasionally chat . Chatting became calling and calling became a 2-3x a day habit. I should mention she lived in Melbourne,VIC Australia.

In 2003 she and her mother came to the states to visit/site-see I asked her to marry me again. January 2004 we filed our K-1 and it was approved in July 2004, She came to marry me in November 2004 and we were married in December 2004.

With 3 cats and 1 wife I am not so lonely anymore...

No comments:

Post a Comment