Sunday, April 4, 2010

Tails of the first day...

Well for those who know me, last week was my first week in my new position. I prefer not to go into details on the position, because of security and the like.  My new boss came in to train me on the new system I will be using and to generally fill in the gaps in my understanding of the job and my responsibilities.

Suffice it to say I am pretty happy with it. It will take some getting used to and I might have to turn Sirius back on as there is a lot and I mean A LOT more driving.

My territory has grown again basically I cover South Florida from St. Lucie county to Monroe county and probably as far west as Okeechobee county. I used to cover a portion of  Broward county with 5 other techs.

My first impressions of my boss, is that we are a good fit. We both have the same concept of what the job is and we are out to take care of the customer, not just make money. I have always believed if you put your clients first you will prosper.

He went back mid -week and I began my new position, which I actually have been doing for nearly 3 months before.

Whats really funny is that I was hoping to be moved over in January but the timing I guess was wrong. I was hoping to be transfered over before I had to fly to Michigan in Mid-January.
Yes the white stuff in the Photo is actual snow. Funny thing is when we arrived they had just started a warming trend. We were only sub-freezing for 2 days then the weather warmed right up. When we left Friday night it was a balmy 44 degrees Fahrenheit, I almost put on my swim trunks!!

I actually had fun in Michigan, haven't driven in snow in nearly 20 years. But it seemed like a waste of time and money to send me off to train on the new equipment that I was not going to work on.


No comments:

Post a Comment