Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Tails of brotherhood...

I had a slow week at work last week. I had literally no calls. I don't really get stressed about it, but I am in a new position and I would like to be valuable from the start. Well I thought this week was going to more of the same. Monday I went to an office and checked in and updated my calls that I do have. Afterwords I went to see my brother, who is recovering from esophageal surgery because of cancer.

When I last saw him he was about 220 lbs, and prior to that he had been over 300 lbs. Yesterday when I went to see him he weighed in at 165 lbs. Mind you, I am a BIG guy but I think I'll pass on cancer as a weight loss program.

We are all very very happy to have him home and healthy, BTW he was diagnosed with stage 3 esophageal cancer with limited prognosis. He is now cancer free, even before the surgery (though they didn't know that at the time). When the surgeon went in they found a lot of scar tissue and severe damage to the esophagus but no cancer cells.

Amazing what prayer can do, Pat's wife Mary Ann (my sister-in-law) is a real prayer warrior and I am proud to have her as part of the family.

My brother was partly responsible for my Salvation, he may or may not realize it. But I do.

I am very glad that my brother is still around and happier still to see his recovery is doing well.

No comments:

Post a Comment